Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pin-Up Girl Silhouette 2/20




This etching took a lot of thought and planning. It was done for a group collection with the theme of "The Nude" and spent time hanging on the wall in a gallery show. The silhouetted nude with the floral background took on a 70s Bond Girl appeal.

This is a limited edition print, printed by hand by me. I drew the design onto a copper plate, etched the metal in acid, cleaned the plate up and then decided on the ink I wanted to use. I chose a super soft, extremely high quality Charbonnel Etching Ink in sepia printed on Rives BFK white printmaking paper with hand torn edges.

I hand colored the etching using a warm chocolaty brown under black watercolor for the silhouette and to add a bit of "pop" I filled in a few of the background flowers with bright pink and yellow.

The etching is matted using bright white acid-free mat board with a linen finish using archival matting tape. The mat is done in a hinge style (front and backing) and is ready for a frame!

The print itself measures 5.5''x7.5''.
The mat measures 7''x9'' with a 3.5''x4.5'' opening.

The print is signed, dated, and numbers 2/20.

I only have two of these to sell - the rest have found homes!

HUGS
Cait

No comments: